Friday, February 27, 2009

A stitch in time saves nine???

What's that saying???
Yeah, that is it!
You use this proverb to say that it is better to spend a little time to deal with problems or act right now than wait.
Talk about spending a little time!!!!

When I played volleyball in college, there was a player on the team named Marla. She was sweet as anything and had a voice like an angel. She sang for us as we traveled cross country and she even sang the national anthem before every home game.
She would often sing The Rose as we all loved hearing it. Somehow, I never listened to the words. Today, as i completed this challenge I listened to the words. Funny how such a beautiful song can have such sad words.



But then it reminded me of a time, when I was young, immature, and so unworldly. I didn't know what love was or how to give love. But I was surrounded by a loving family. I loved my grandmother more than my own parents(and don't get me wrong I love my parents a ton) but it just wasn't like the love I had for my grandmother. She was my everything...and then she died when I was 11. I was so completely devastated by that. I guess because I saw her as loving me unconditionally more than anyone else. When she was gone, I think a big part of me was gone too. Leaving me empty hearted.
I love this song more today than I did back in college.
Products:
White Cardstock
Hand drawn background...started with objects mentioned in song-river, road, sun, rose, flower
then I added the background hills, etc.
Prismacolor pencils
Hand stitching...took forever!!!
sakura glaze pens
dymo


I must be a glutten for punishment to be stitching two layouts in a row!!!
EEEEKS! I hand stitched the moon and the star. This layout gave me the fits!!! It sat half done on my table for two days...I NEVER walk away from projects...this one, just never felt right!



I have been having some super scrappy mail days lately!!!
This came today from noel mignon for winning a layout challenge! How lucky am I???

Here was the layout:

I posted this layout on Luxe's Blog in order to win a huge Luxe kit of retro papers!

I won this kit on a RAK giveaway on LaVerne's Blog:

3 comments:

Abby said...

Awesome LOs and stitching! You go, girl! Love it all! I've been stitching by hand and machine more on my pages. Love the effect it gives. The Rose is a great song. I like how you centered your LO around it! Congrats on winning! Lucky you! Enjoy your goodies!

rairie said...

You know you get all your creativeness from you Mother. However hers is so well hidden and yours shines.
Beautiful except for the the lady doing dishes...she is just sassy.

Unknown said...

These pages are gorgeous! I love the sewing that you do on them! -e

Amy Sumrall Designs