Monday, August 18, 2008

Arrgh..it's a pirate's life for me!

Seeing as how a hurricane is brewing out on the high seas...I thought it only fitting for me to gather up my jewels, place them in my treasure chest and hide them away!
This is a cigar box I got at a garage sale/yard sale on Saturday! I looked and looked at it, and hesitated to buy it. I figured I would put something in it, who knew what?!?
Well, the more I looked at it, the more I thought it was a treasure box! So I altered it. It was a dominican cigar box.
It doesn't close well, as the wood has "moved" a bit. But, nonetheless, I love it! This box provided me with hours of enjoyment in the creation process!!!










I used Cap'n Jack by Rusty Pickle, "Davey Jones" and "Boots n' Bones". I also used some We R memory Keepers gromlets. The top consists of My pirate "gems", kaiser clear bling, a ceasars palace gold coin chocolate wrapper, my grandmother's broach, my grandfather's tie clip, jingle fiber, rusty key from flea market, the gold sequins, gold beads and black beads come from a very fancy dress I had hanging in my closet for YEARS{I have a picture of myself and my grandfather in this dress and I will find it somewhere and post it one day soon!}, the "diamonds" are beads from the pirate watch I took apart{The watch was broken}! The paper inside the box is K&Co. I crumpled that paper, inked it, made a "map", used a buffer to distress it, and I burned the lower left hand corner with fire.

5 comments:

Debbie Sherman said...

So cool!!!!

supermom said...

absolutely, awesome!

angie worthington said...

this is so awesome!!!...love it!!!...

Amber (tink13) said...

Very Cool!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is FRICKIN awesome.
I never swear but i just was beside myself at how amazing you are!
My daughter would die for it. She loves anything pirates or johnny depp!

Way to go girl!

Amy Sumrall Designs