Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cutting up clothes!

I have to admit, I have gone elsewhere to gather my scrapping supplies. I was getting dressed yesterday morning and a skirt caught my eye! I love that skirt! I really do. I wore it alot with a chocolate turtleneck and super cute knee high boots from 9 West. I always received many compliments when I wore it!

But, lo and behold, the boots were past their prime and had to be sent to goodwill. But, I still loved the skirt... so it hung in my closet.
Well, hang no more...I took scissors to it and this is what I came up with!
PS: The skirt cost 3.50 on clearance...so it was not a huge loss!
I hand cut the flourish and hand stitched the fabric to the paper. I love the look of fabric and paper together!
As always, please feel free to click on the photo to make it come alive!




Basic brown cardstock
cream cardstock scrap
thickers
the paper ribbon under the letters was bought at LSS, dont now what it is...
Jingle fibers
vintage buttons from flea market
hand cut from fabric flourish
mm letter stickers
brown ink color box
hand stitching

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love what you did with that skirt. What an amazing idea! And I love your layout--totally original!

Rachel said...

What a great idea! And what a beautiful layout you made with it!

Martha said...

Are those AC thickers? I can't believe you chopped up your skirt! Too funny. I've bought fabric scraps at Joann's, so I guess it's not too weird! :)

Amy Sumrall Designs