Friday, July 25, 2008

Time for a sweet change...something girly!

I love this picture of Jayda...despite her hair being all a jumble!
I tell you, my mother wished this little girl on me! hahaha
When I was in elementary school, I HAD TO PLAY FLUTE! Well, quite frankly, I think i liked getting out of class for lessons. I never practiced, and didn't like to practice. Heck, I don't think I even liked the flute...but all the popular girls were playing. Yes, I suppose I understand Jayda better than I could have ever dreamed!
This particular layout took on a life of it's own...as most do these days. I enjoyed again the hambly and I stuck the ribbon under it and stapled the whole concoction together. This was an afterthought and it worked!
Thank you Jingle{aka Jennifer} for the wonderful fibers you sent in the mail!
Painting...so archaic. I have a few colors of paint...but no brown so I mixed them all to get brown. I don't have a paintbrush{WTH?} so I just used a Q tip! hehehe Then I sanded it with a buffing bar in order to not make it look so "painted".
I must be living in prehistoric times! hahahaha
As always, please click on the picture to have it enlarge and give you a better view!




Products:

Bazzill Basics cardstock
Sandylion Patterned Paper
basic Grey Sultry-fandango
Pink Paislee Office Lingo Lunch Hour
Hambly Overlay Scrap
Random Pink Ribbon
Random Pink Fibers
Hydrangea silk flowers from floral department
random buttons from flea market
Pebbles Inc scrapbook paint-brown mixture
Dymo label maker
brown colorbox ink
staples to hold ribbon under hambley



I received this award from obxpatti{aka Patti}. She is a wonderful person and a great scrapper! She has a kind word for everyone she meets!
Here are the rules:

1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.

2. Link the person you received your award from.

3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.

4. Put links of those blogs on yours.

5. Leave a message on the blogs of the girls you've nominated.

I am to nominate at least 7 other blogs! Yikes...
Consider yourself nominated if you are reading this and have not received one yet! I guarantee you I have been to your blog and was inspired!
Although, I can't let a few of you off the hook!

Mother-My mom is an amazing seed beader! If you have never been to her blog, it is a must! She has managed to teach herself pretty much all the stitches necessary to create beautiful things! I for one beg for her creations...almost daily. She beads like I scrap!

Rachelelizabeth-She is my scrap pal and such a sweetheart! She is getting married tomorrow! YAY for her!!!!!! Go and wish her good things for her new life!

2 comments:

obxpatti said...

love this new LO! The colors are awesome!
BTW, check out my blog to see the blog award I gave you. obxcreations.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Love the new LO! You have been so scrappy lately!! You go girl!! I can't wait to see what you do next!!

Amy Sumrall Designs