Saturday, October 4, 2008

My Rainbow's End

This album has been swirling around in my head for a long, long time! What better title for a book than, "My Rainbow's End"? For you see, I am at a place in my life where I feel I have found the end of a rainbow and it is true...there is gold at the rainbow's end.
Winning Bree's "O'er the Rainbow" premier kit from Shop Crop Suey, I knew my idea would finally come to fruition!
{I know my mother is going to leave a comment like..."What no picture of your mother at the end of your rainbow???" Love you mother! If I put everything in this album...it would be a mile wide! Just know without my parents and Mike's parents...we would be nothing!}
I kept it simple because I didn't want it getting too fat, I only have 3/4" spines.



I used Scrabble letters I picked up at the flea circus this week for one dollar! The fibers on the spine are from a dear friend named Jingle who sent me a huge RAK of her unwanted fibers. Jingle, rest assured they are definitely going to good use!



Ok, here is my haircut....I did it. Yes, i cut my own hair. Don't ask me how I do it, but I have been doing it for over 14 years. Truthfully, I have had a professional cut 3 times as an adult. I hated every one of them! Another truth, it got a little shorter than I imagined it would be...but I love love love it! PS: I have no makeup on, so sorry if it scared you!



Thanks for looking and as always I read, appreciate and value all your comments. {Even if I do not get a chance to tell you personally!!!!!!}

13 comments:

CraftyRia said...

I love the book and your haircut is cute! I have cut my own hair for years, but recently due to my sore elbow, have been getting it cut by a professional.

You and your family are beautiful!

GLOANN said...

In this world of discontented women who are trying to "find" themselves how wonderful to find one who is there. Love the happiness and love I see expressed in this and all your other work. You brought tears to my eyes with this.

Rachel said...

as always....beautiful!! this book is so cute and really defines your life right now. i love it :)

also, your new haircut is so cute!!

Sandy/tx-nana-scraps said...

Awesome book!!!!

rairie said...

Hey I do not have to see a book to know I am part of this wonderful rainbow. I supply the coffee and the inspiration to shop. Thanks for being the family I am proud of.
Mom

Anonymous said...

WOW I love this album so much, and you used scrabble letters AWESOME wow .. girl love the haircut too .. beautiful family.

angie worthington said...

wow, you did get a haircut!...it looks great!!!...and, you did it yourself!...

the album is wonderful...i am so glad that you are so happy!!!...

Dee said...

LOVE the new haircut . . . and the album. kudos on being so content with the niche you've carved out!!

scrappin{jewlz} said...

That is such an awesome album, Jessica!!

You are one lucky lady!

Chimene said...

What a beautiful album!!!
Love the scrabble letters!!!!

Sandy said...

eeeek!!! such a cute album!!! love you haircut too - long hair is so high maintainence, i'm so glad i chopped mine...(-:

Brock Family said...

Beautiful album! And I love your hair!!!

Anne Marie said...

Cute book, Jessica, and great way to use those scrabble tiles you found! (btw, love your new haircut!)

Amy Sumrall Designs