Monday, January 19, 2009

ARM's first color challenge:

Here is what I posted here and also on All Moments Remembered Message Boards where the challenge is actually taking place:



Hello and welcome everyone. Thanks for playing along with us! Remember, all levels of scrappers are welcome!!!
My name is Jessica and you may know me better as jessicamae3. I am so excited to post the first challenge to All Moments Remembered Year Long Royal Challenge at the All Moments Remembered forum and message boards! We are going to be crowning 4 talented people at the end of the year at our annual anniversary crop! Please see the first post here or go to the All Moments Remembered Message Board to get all caught up on how the challenge will run. Without further ado, I give you the first challenge!

Monday's challenge: Color
*Complete a layout-any size
*Must use a solid black background
*Add color to make your page pop

Here is my example-I completed it in size 8.5 x 11! My first attempt at this size but I loved working with it!

(Product: white card stock, basic black card stock, mm paint, random ribbon, brads, buttons, thread, white signo pen, mm mini alphas, thickers)

Team Member's Tip: I used drops of paint on the paper and then laid another paper on top to smooth it out. I pulled the paper back and found that the paints had meshed together beautifully and created some texture on the background! You can find the exact paints I used in the All Moments Remembered Store! Here is a link!
Click here!

I went looking for some inspiration myself. This week, I landed at Elizabeth Kartchner's blog. I definitely liked her basic style that really focused on the photos!
So, changing things a little to stay in line with the challenge...I scrap lifted her here:

(Product: BoBunny PP, basic black card stock, random rickrack, pp, brads, thickers, white signo pen)

My daughter Jayda scrap lifted her here:

(Products: Cosmo Cricket PP,basic black cardstock, sewing, thickers, k&co flower brad, random buttons, star paper clip, orange thread, star button, white signo pen)

Here is a layout that I found in Elizabeth's gallery that is a great example in and of itself!
by Elizabeth Kartchner found in Scrap In Style Gallery


Now, what to do???
*complete a layout-any size
*must use a basic black background as seen in examples
*use color to make your layout pop
*you have one week to complete-winner will be announced Monday, 1/26/09 along with the next week's color challenge
*you must place your layout on the message boards in the challenge thread at All Moments Remembered under that days particular challenge. You may leave a link or place the actual layout in that thread.


If you have not joined yet...it is easy as pie! Head over to All Moments Remembered and get started!

Happy Scrapping....can not wait to see what you create!

2 comments:

Jingle said...

I just want to take this moment to interrupt the flow of praise for Jessica's always wonderful work and toss out a HUGE shout out to JAYDA!!!! Wow! What an awesome layout! Great job, Jayda!!!

Anonymous said...

oo i'm going to try and play along... I hope I can squeeze it in...

Your layouts and Jaydas are fabulous!

Amy Sumrall Designs